Welcome to my website, I am very passionate about supporting women to feel empowered through their pregnancy and birth experience. I am pleased you have an interest in hypnobirthing and how you could benefit from sessions with me.
With my second child I used hypnobirthing and the difference I felt throughout labour was undeniable. I felt more empowered and in control and couldn't believe it when they told me I was 8cm at the first check. Hypnobirthing is empowering and we need to connect to the wisdom of our bodies whilst asking our minds to work with us rather than against us.
I have been very lucky to have been trained in birth support by the highly renowned Suzanne Yates (wellmother.org) and Juliet Hollingsworth (author of ‘Hypnobirth Yourself’) and co course creator of the fertility2birth hypnobirthing course (fertility2birth.com).
I am also a trained maternity reflexologist and massage therapist so I incorporate a real range of techniques and wisdom into my course days. Teaching birth partners techniques to use for labour so they often feel they have an active role.
1) Learn a range of techniques to induce a calm state, you will feel confident and in control of your birth, hypnobirthing works!
2) It changes the language and perception of birth. No more words like pain and contractions. It’s powerful surges and feelings. Fear is reduced and confidence increased.
3) Hypnobirthing teaches women how to breathe through labour and birth, increasing oxytocin and endorphins. Endorphins are stronger than morphine! That is science.
4) Regardless of the type of birth you end up having, you can have a positive experience by knowing what you can control, and of course letting go of what you cannot.
5) Have confidence! You are a mammal, your body knows what it is doing! Your mind can be the problem, you have probably been conditioned to believe birth is painful as most of us are. Have the confidence and replace the fear and let your body work as it knows how!
6) Birth without unnecessary interventions, know why inductions are suggested, how to refuse if you do not want them and why to accept them if needed. Become empowered by knowing your options and not just to go along with whatever is offered.
7) I include antenatal information, giving you the knowledge of what to expect and an understanding of the ‘system’ knowing your options will put you in a stronger position to make informed decisions.
8) Your birth partner will feel more involved, giving them also tools and guidance and developing a deeper bond with the baby due to their involvement throughout the process. Preparing your partner to be ready and capable when the big day comes.
9) Make friends with others on the same journey as you who could become friends for life! Priceless.
10) Receive ongoing and additional support from me. I will be there to support you afterwards too. As a reflexologist and pregnancy massage specialist I can also give you additional techniques in these areas to use in labour and throughout pregnancy.